Every year Dr. Shawn Middleton, Dundas Animal Hospital, always conducted our yearly General Horse Health Clinic.
In addition to telling us the latest vet oriented joke, Dr. Middleton would check all of our horses' weight, overall health and their individual feeding / supplement program as well as vaccinating every horse. We always appreciated these clinics with Dr. Middleton because this was also an opportunity to have any questions concerning our horses answered by an expert. With the elimination of large animal care at Dundas Animal Hospital, we sadly had to say goodbye to Dr. Middleton. He was a valued member of our Cabra Park family and we still miss him.
Dr. Melanie Gagnon from the Paris Veterinary Clinic completed our yearly Vet Check Clinic. Everyone passed with flying colours and all inoculations are up to date.
Cabra Park Stables Worming Protocol
With the advice and guidance of Dr. Middleton, in 2016 Cabra Park changed how we worm our horses. We now test each horse's individual stool sample for parasites and only give worm medication to the horses that have tested positive for parasites.
Since 2016, we are averaging only 2 - 3 horses per year that require worming.
All The Hard Work Has Paid Off! We now have:
- Automatic watering posts in all outdoor paddocks. Water available all year round, no freezing
- All stalls have Dutch Doors that open to the outdoors in all stalls
- Insulated barn and stalls
- Wide, comfortable door entry and barn isles
- Insulated Boarder's tack room with secure lockers, kitchenette and tack cleaning area
- Insulated feed room
- Asphalt drive surrounding the barns and paddocks with plenty of parking for everyone. Say Good Bye to the muddy trails to the paddocks!
- Groomed bridal path around the fields, over the hills and through the woods
- Dressage Grass Ring and warm up area
- Upgraded Indoor Arena footing
- Creation of a Cross Country schooling course
In The Very Near Future:
- Conversion of our unused hay loft into a consignment tack shop run by Red Fish Consignment