Congratulations Elizabeth on your entry into the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph!
We are looking forward to you becoming our Cabra Park 'in house' vet in 4 years!
Dr. Shawn Middleton, Dundas Animal Hospital, was Cabra Park Stables for our General Horse Health Clinic.
In addition to telling us the latest vet oriented joke, Dr. Middleton checked all of our horses' weight, overall health and their individual feeding / supplement program and vaccinated every horse. We always appreciate these clinics with Dr. Middleton because this is also an opportunity to have any questions they have concerning their horse answered by an expert.
Cabra Park Stables Worming Protocol
With the advice and guidance of Dr. Middleton, in 2016 Cabra Park changed how we worm our horses. We now test each horse's individual stool sample for parasites and only give worm medication to the horses that have tested positive for parasites.
Since 2016, we are averaging only 2 - 3 horses per year that require worming.
All The Hard Work Has Paid Off! We now have:
- Automatic watering posts in all outdoor paddocks. Water available all year round, no freezing.
- All stalls have Dutch Doors that open to the outdoors in all stalls.
- Insulated barn and stalls.
- Wide, comfortable door entry and barn isles.
- Insulated Boarder's tack room with secure lockers, kitchenette and tack cleaning area
- Insulated feed room
- Asphalt drive surrounding the barns and paddocks with plenty of parking for everyone. Say Good Bye to the muddy trails to the paddock!
- Groomed bridal path around the fields, over the hills and through the woods with natural cross-country jumps
- Dressage Grass Ring
- Creation of a Cross Country schooling course
- Upgraded Indoor Arena footing
In The Very Near Future:
- Conversion of our pump house into a consignment tack shop run by Red Fish Consignment