Boarding With Us
We offer Outdoor Pasture Board and Indoor Stall Board . Please follow the links to each Board Option for details of each. If you have any further questions we would be happy to discuss your specific boarding requirements.
Indoor Boarding: Details
- We have 15 modern, 10 x 10 box stalls
- All stalls have dual access either from the aisle or outside Dutch door
- The barn and all stalls are insulated: we are cool in the summer and cozy in the winter
- Stalls are matted with shavings and mucked out daily
- We have multiple large turnout paddocks with electric fencing.
- There are usually 4 to 6 horses per herd. Mares and geldings are turned out together, if the horse's personalities are suited to each other.
- We also have a quarantine / individual paddock if needed.
- Winter turnout (weather permitting) with automatic watering posts. These posts do not freeze in winter months, regardless of the temperature!
- Summer turnout (weather permitting) includes overnight turnout if requested. A few of our senior horses are more comfortable staying inside overnight, but most of the herds love sleeping outside in nice weather.
- Holding Fee for Vet / Farrier = $15
Please note: All horses boarding with us are required to have a fecal egg count twice a year to determine which horses will be de-wormed. The cost of the lab work is minimal and is paid by the boarder. All horses boarded at Cabra Park Stables must participate in this worming schedule. Our experience has shown that this method of determining worming requirements is preferable to the automatic de-worming of every horse 3 or 4 times a year, which often leads to 'de-wormer resistant' problems.
We are very satisfied using a fecal egg count to determine worming treatment. In 2020 only 4 horses out of 17 required de-worming.